Independent Ethics Committee
Before a clinical trial can take place, it must be approved. The trial protocol is reviewed by Independent Ethics Committee.
The role of the Ethics Committee
The Ethics Committee makes sure that the:
- Researchers are qualified to carry out the trial
- The trial is well planned
- Information for patients taking part is complete and easy to understand
- Patients will be recruited to the trial correctly
- Researchers have arranged for compensation to be paid if anything should go wrong
The Committee comprises of expert and lay members. The Chairman is currently Dmytro Litvinenko - Head of the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care. Membership is voluntary.
Address: 9 Pochaevskaya Str., Rubizhne, Lugansk region.
Contact: +38 (050) 394 00 71.